Welcome to MB/X
SUMMER SCHOOL 2017 - STARTS MONDAY, JUNE 19th AND ENDS THURSDAY, JULY 27th
Session 1: Monday, June 19 – Friday, July 7 (no classes on Tuesday, July 4) – classes will be held Friday that week.
Session 2: Monday, July 10 – Thursday, July 27.
Classes run Monday to Thursday except for the week of the 4th of July holiday – when classes will be held Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Academic courses are from 8am to 1:30 pm.
Athletics/activities are before or after school or in the evenings, Monday – Friday.
The MB/X Foundation was formed in 2002 to provide financial support for physical education and athletic programs in the Manhattan Beach Unified School District. Since our inception, the Foundation has:
- Contributed over $500,000 to the development and repair of the all-weather track at Mira Costa High School;
- Supervised and provided over $300,000 in funding for the renovation of Fisher Gym at Mira Costa High School;
- Funded grants for purchases of instruments, orchestral literature, teacher training and conferences, physical education equipment and gym mats throughout the Manhattan Beach Unified School District;
- Funded over $800,000 in costs related to the installation of an artificial turf field in Waller Stadium on the campus of Mira Costa High School;
- Assisted the Manhattan Beach Unified School District by administering after-school programs, Camp VIP and the Mira Costa Summer School Program with profits earmarked for grants to the School District.