MBX Foundation Summer School
Registration for 2017 classes begins at 9am:
- Seniors on Tuesday, March 7th
- Juniors on Friday, March 10th
- Sophomores on Tuesday, March 14th
- Freshmen and non-credit classes on Friday, March 17th
Note: Register for the grade your student is entering in Fall 2017.
MB/X is using a new registration system. Before you can register for classes, you will need to create an ACTIVE Net account in the name of an adult family member. You then add a child to your account during the registration process. You may complete this step prior to the first day of registration and peruse courses.
Registration is complete when you create an account, register and pay for a class. Even if your child has taken summer school classes in the past, you will need to create an account.
Please note that creating a “WISH LIST” does not equate to registering for a class or save a spot in the class. You must register and pay for the course to secure a spot.
If you’re having technical problems or difficulty registering, please contact Jennifer at email@example.com.
- Friday, June 16 at 3pm for first session and two session classes
- Friday, July 7 at 3pm for second session classes
MB/X Summer School is committed to accommodating all students wishing to take a class.
If a course or preferred session is full, you may choose to Wait List. For 2 semester courses, we will open additional slots as teachers are secured. For 1 semester courses, you may be offered a spot in either 1st or 2nd session.
SUMMER SCHOOL 2017 - STARTS MONDAY, JUNE 19th AND ENDS THURSDAY, JULY 27th
Session 1: Monday, June 19 – Friday, July 7 (no classes on Tuesday, July 4) – classes will be held Friday that week.
Session 2: Monday, July 10 – Thursday, July 27.
Classes run Monday to Thursday except for the week of the 4th of July holiday – when classes will be held Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Academic courses are from 8am to 1:30 pm.
Athletics/activities are before or after school or in the evenings, Monday – Friday.
- Each one semester course: $275.00 per session
- Each two semester courses: $550.00 per session
- Each activity class: $275.00 per session
- Alternating activity classes - $300.00
The summer school alternating activity class price is for freshmen taking 2 of the following activities; football, baseball, or soccer, which occur at the same time. Students attend the activities on alternate days, and work out the schedule with the individual coaches.
- Art materials fee $70 and there may be additional green fees for golf PE.
- Change course fee per change: $25.00
- Lost Textbooks: Price of the textbook
Mira Costa High School
Athletics/Activities may run Monday - Friday
- A credit or debit card will be required to register
- Bring your Student ID on the first day of class so books can be checked out
- Class rosters for Summer School will be posted on the Friday afternoon before Summer School on the Mira Costa High School Administration Building windows
Dear High School Student,
MBX is pleased to present our exceptional Summer School program. If you have already participated in our program, you are aware that we provide an outstanding educational experience: quality instructors who will help you to advance to the next level of your high school career, whether you are repeating a class, seeking enrichment or hoping to accelerate academically. If you are new to our program, be prepared for a productive summer. At The MBX Summer School Program, we care about the success of our students and we will do our utmost to help you succeed.
Please take some time to review the information carefully. This year we will, once again, be utilizing a Semester format for the Academic classes of Summer School. The first three weeks of Summer School will be the first semester and the second three weeks will be the second semester.
Classes will be from 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM for three weeks with two 15 minutes breaks for nutrition.
A year-long class (two semesters) will also be held according to the schedule noted above from 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM but for 6 weeks. You must register for both semesters.
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for selecting the The MBX Summer School Program. We look forward to working with you to reach your goals - an integral part of our school's mission. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.